We only had a week home for Christmas this year, but it was jam packed and full of family time. It was wonderful to see everyone, love on those we've missed and let them love on the kids....and entertain them...and wake up at 6 am with them. Did I mention how much we love you guys?! :)
Stephens sibling dinner was so much fun! (We were only missing Anna!)
We finally got to meet Miss Lainey! She was a doll and so patient as both Avery and Claire took turns wanting to play with her and hold her. Claire thought she was her own very life-like baby doll and even told Mimi to "put her in my room." I promise we're not all that creepy, Ross and Courtney. Please let us hang out with your kids again.
Ethan was also a super big cutie, and I couldn't get over how much and how well he was talking!
Ross and I were best playmates growing up, and it's so fun when we can get our kids together and see them play together, too.
Eating all of Mimi's grapes...
Rica and Shelley :)
Lainey's not sure what to think about Grandpa...
I also got to finally meet this little cutie, Luke, and spend some much needed catch up time with his mama and my bff, Ashley. I wish I would have snapped a pic of us girls, but we were too busy talking, and everyone would rather stare at this handsome baby, anyway. ;)
Cousins!!
We had a really great time at Aunt Mary Jo and Uncle Terry's new house for Christmas Eve. The food and company were both fantastic, and it was great to see everyone. The kids had fun running like crazy (despite our best parenting efforts) and opening gifts. Phil and I made out pretty well in the white elephant exchange, too, and won't have to buy more bath gel or shampoo for months.
Claire "borrowed" Uncle Dan's phone quite a few times during the week.
We were excited to spend Shelley's birthday with her! We celebrated with Dad's famous carrot cake!
Grandpa reads from the bible about Jesus's birthday before opening gifts...
Everyone is sooo happy about being up so early. ;)
No words...it even lights up, guys.
Early afternoon, we let Mimi, Grandpa, Aunt Shelley, and Uncle Dan take and nap and we headed over to Nana and Papaw's for Christmas with the Stephens family.
Phil was able to use his "ugly sweater" gift from Shelley and Dan right away! :)
Can't wait for the wedding of these two lovebirds!
It didn't take long for the kids to get busy with legos and games! They loved their gifts!
Naomi took awesome pictures for the clan while we were all together.
Avery photo-bombed this one!
Merry Christmas from all of us to you!





No comments:
Post a Comment