Sunday, May 19, 2013

Strawberry Picking

Our good friend Carey invited us to go strawberry picking last week with her and her little girl, Charley. I was nervous about going with both the kids, but they ended up doing great, and we all had a really nice time. The strawberries were in Bakers, FL, about a 45 min drive to the east, which gave the kids time to nap and Carey and I time to girl talk to and from. When we got there, Avery liked being able to run up and down the rows of strawberries while Mommy did all the work. He did agree to carry the basket for me every now and then. I was hoping that picking fresh strawberries might make him want to eat them (he only likes them pureed or as yogurt, etc.), but he still refused to try them, saying that maybe he'll "eat them when he gets bigger." Sigh. Claire, on the other hand, loves strawberries, and she and Phil and I had them all eaten before the weekend was up! Can't wait to go back for more! Oh, and for the strawberry shortcake...so yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment