Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blessed

This past week/ weekend was full of blessings for me. On the 9th, the love of my life turned 30. 30! I can tease him all I want now, but I'm not far behind, and it's hard to believe that we are saying goodbye to our 20s. Along that same note, yesterday was our 7 year anniversary. In a way, it seems like just yesterday when I eagerly walked down the aisle towards my own prince charming. This life we have now...our babies...our home...our AF career only a dream. So much anticipation of what was to come. And now, here we are. Mother's Day on Sunday, another beautiful reminder of what all I have been given..what God has blessed me with. The path He has chosen just for me.

 It is very easy for me to get bogged down and overwhelmed with the every day grind. Am I teaching, disciplining, loving, cooking and cleaning, worshiping, giving, learning, laughing, living...enough?? Although I try and try,  I fall short, life can be hard, and am I enough? Is what I do making a difference for my family or am I missing the mark, messing it up... In all honesty, I went into the weekend with a hardened heart and the wrong mindset. These past couple of months with Phil gone have been hard, and I was selfishly thinking about what I deserved on Mother's Day and even our anniversary. I, in a moment of clarity in my weakness, asked God to take my thoughts captive and lead me out of a place of bitterness and resentment...that I would think of me less and Him and my family more. In His perfect timing and grace, He did just that.

 My sweet husband, of course, helped to make my weekend wonderful...flowers, cooking dinner, sweet cards, but my changed attitude was really what allowed me to enjoy all that I have been blessed with. I am thankful for the gift of my loving, supportive, God-fearing, hardworking, fantastic daddy to our babies, handsome ;) husband. He is my rock, and our house just hasn't been our home without him. So happy to have him home. (What a gift for our anniversary, in and of itself!) I am also so thankful for my beautiful babies. Parenting is hard work (the hardest and most weighty thing I've ever done, hands down), but there is nothing more rewarding. To look at them and see their daddy and pieces of me, and to know that God gave them to me to love and to train up in His word...what an awesome responsibility and privilege (although, it's hard to see it as this somedays while in the "trenches," as I call it). Everything wrong with my day can be wiped away with a sweet goodnight hug and kiss from my little man or with the way Claire's whole face lights up when I walk in to get her from a nap. Thank you, God, for all that you have blessed me with. I pray that I would continue to see the "big picture" and do a better job daily of being more grateful for all of these gifts in my life. 

Happy Mother's Day also to my own mom and mother-in-law. I have an ever growing respect and awe for all that you both have done for your children and continue to do. Your love and support mean the world to Phil and I!


My blessings...

(Phil and I celebrated on Saturday night with a nice dinner at Hemmingway's right on the beach.)



No comments:

Post a Comment