Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Look What I Made! : )

So I finally made my first project by myself on my new sewing machine! By "new," I mean that it was a Christmas gift from my mom two years ago. Yikes. Better late than never! However, in my defense, I had used it several times before with my mom (we made a super cute nautical pillow for Avery's room), but I depended a lot on her and didn't do too much on my own.


I decided a while back to start with something simple- baby blankets! It just took me a long time to get around to actually buying the fabric and sitting down to do it. When I went to JoAnn's to pick out fabric, I was surprised to find so many cute ones to choose from...many more for little girls than boys, but I still had a hard time deciding between them all.

"sweet pea"

It didn't take long to do, and I had fun making something for Avery from his mommy. : ) The hardest part to me was just setting up the sewing machine (threading the needle, threading the bobbin, etc.). Next on my list to try are baby bibs!

No comments:

Post a Comment