Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Festival

This past Saturday, our church held it's annual fall festival, and I ventured out with the kids to check it out. This had been on our calendar for months, and I was excited to take Avery, so even though Phil got scheduled for a last minute cross country trip for work, I was determined to make it happen. We ended up getting around pretty smoothly with Claire in the Baby Bjorn and Avery in the stroller, and I was glad we went. The weather was perfect- our first real fall day with temps in the 60s!

Avery's favorite thing was riding on the "special train," as he called it. It was a little motorized train that took us a few laps around the parking lot, and although he nervously held my hand the whole time, he couldn't stop talking about it later and loved that it was "real."

He also enjoyed the petting zoo:




Playing games:


They had several little kid games. Avery especially loved the ones that involved throwing things (go figure), and he alternated between using his right and left hands. He loved picking out his candy after each game. Mom had to help him avoid the small hard candy and bubble gum and get just chocolate and lollypops (he still pronounces all his "l"s as "y"s..pretty cute). At one point, a little kid accidentally bumped into him waiting in line, and he gave her a stern reprimand- "you no do that!"



Free food:

(My little man actually ate a bag of popcorn, AND I didn't hyperventilate as he took each bite. Hard to believe how far he's come in his eating/swallowing in just 2 years.)


Escambia Co. mounted police:
 "Paul policemen" and horses all at the same time...doesn't get much better than this. Except for the smell. ugh.



We made it!  Avery had a lot of fun, Claire did a great job of sleeping most of the morning, and I learned that I can get out and about with both kids and not go crazy. :) We sure did miss Daddy, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment