Our Claire is getting bigger and bigger every day. Just last week, she started smiling at us, but I have yet to snag a picture of it. She's also making more "coo-ing" noises, as well. Last night, she slept through the night (10pm-6am) for the first time! She loves to be held but also enjoys her playmat and occasionally sitting/napping in her bouncy seat or swing, as long as they're not moving. I put her in the Baby Bjorn a lot when I'm trying to get things done around the house/take care of big brother. She lost most of her newborn hair except for the "old man ring" around the sides and a big tuft in the back. We call it her baby mullet- all business in the front and party in the back. :) Thankfully, she's growing it back. This poor girl has also been battling a bout of baby acne in some places and dry peeling skin in others. She's still quite a beauty, though, if we do say so ourselves. ; )
Big brother is doing really well with her. He brings her her binky (and will put it in her mouth rather she wants it or not!) and other toys if she's crying. He helps pick out her diapers and fetches blankets, socks, etc. He likes to share his race cars and trains with her (on his terms, of course), and I know he's excited about the day when she can sit up by herself and play a little more. Avery also gives her hugs and kisses before bed at night and randomly throughout the day.
I feel guilty sometimes because Claire, as baby #2, doesn't receive as much attention as Avery did when he was a baby and has to wait a little longer for me to come running when she cries. I do think, though, that because if it, she'll be more independent and adapt easier to changes. She'll also hit the ground running as soon as she can in order to keep up with her big brother.
I have my moments where I feel overwhelmed and frustrated, but overall, we are adjusting and getting more used to our life with 2 kids. I feel so blessed with our little family and grateful for a healthy baby girl.
This is how Claire best enjoys tummy time. Forget the neck exercises, we'd rather nap!

She is so pretty Lindsey! You are so blessed to have such a beautiful family. I think she is going to look so much like you!
ReplyDelete