Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

We had a really nice Valentine's Day here at home, I'm just a little slow blogging about it. Originally, Phil was supposed to leave for deployment that day- How romantic?! I know. My parents were already in town for moral support, so we all got to spend it together. (We went out for our date the night before.) Avery got his first balloon from Grammy and Grandpa and loves it! With as much as he's hugged and loved on it, I'm surprised it's still in the air. He also got the blanket I made him and a storybook with Dad's voice recorded on it. I made heart shaped muffins, which turned out to look more like puffy triangles (oh well), and heart shaped sugar cookies that Mom helped me to decorate. Thanks to my fabulous diet (insert sarcasm here), I didn't get to try either of them, but they got good reviews from the rest of the family. : ) We grilled out for dinner, and Phil finished up the last of his packing. Overall, it was a pretty laid back day, but I'm thankful that we all got to spend it together...and for one less day of deployment!


No comments:

Post a Comment