Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Reading" with Daddy

For Valentine's day, Phil's gift to Avery (at my suggestion) was one of the Hallmark recordable story books, "All the Ways I Love You." Now Avery is able to hear a book read by his dad every day, even with Phil being gone. It is sooo cute how he seems to listen super intently to Phil's voice as we turn each page. Usually he doesn't pay much attention to his books when we read, other than to chew on them, but with his "Daddy book," he sits in almost stunned silence through the whole thing and will "help" me turn the pages if I go too slow. Along with this book, we read "Over There," a book that the base provides to kids with a deployed parent. It is the sweetest book and makes me tear up almost every time I read it. Avery's favorite part is the picture of him and Daddy at the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment