Bailey, our golden retriever, turned 4 on Valentine's Day. With Phil leaving, my parents in town, and trying to make it a special day for Avery, too, I was a bad mom and completely forgot her birthday until days later. Good thing she's a dog and can't read the calendar. I made a quick trip to Petsmart yesterday to make it up to her. We all sang to her, and both she and Sam got raw hides made to look like cinnamon rolls- just a little bit messy, but at least I didn't get anything with pink icing this year!
For her present, she got a shiny new nylabone (her favorite)! This one is bacon flavored with gum massagers...impressive, I know. (What will they come up with next?!)
Later that day, I managed to take Avery and both dogs for a walk around the block by myself (and only ran over them with the jogging stroller a couple of times). I think Bailey had a good birthday...even if it was a little late. : )

No comments:
Post a Comment