Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Birthday at the Zoo

Today, Avery and I joined Josh, Erica, and birthday boy Easton, for a trip to the Lowry Park Zoo. Avery was excited to help his best buddy celebrate his 1st birthday and to see some animals, too, of course. Sadly, picture taking proved to be pretty difficult while holding Avery and pushing his stroller...so I didn't get too many good shots. Thank you to Josh and Erica for taking some for us!

Two cool dudes...Easton's looking for snacks in Avery's tray. : )


I'm sure Easton's wondering why Avery's wearing such a goofy hat, but Mom insisted since it was in the 80's and really sunny.


Peek-a-boo!



Once again, the most fun was had at the petting zoo where Avery met even more goats!




He couldn't resist pulling the poor thing's ear while "petting" him. Luckily this goat didn't seem to mind much...and Avery still has all of his fingers.



Another exciting part of the day was getting to meet and feed a giraffe. It was the most expensive piece of lettuce that we've ever paid for ($3), but it was worth it for the boys to see these cool animals so close up!


I wish I would have gotten more pictures with Easton and Josh and Erica, too (I'll have to steal some from her camera later!). We had a really good time and wore the boys out with all the fun in the sun! Happy 1st Birthday, Easton!

No comments:

Post a Comment