Ok, so after finishing yesterday's post, I realized that I didn't do anything special on the blog for Mother's Day this year. It was probably because I was feeling overwhelmed at temporarily single parenting my teething, non sleeping bundle of joy and pretty sorry for myself that my hubby wasn't home to make me breakfast or let me get my nails done...but I digress.
Our family has also been very blessed with wonderful Moms! I don't know where I would be without my mom. It doesn't matter how old you get, you still need your mom, and I still need to call and talk things over with her everyday, sometimes more. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law, as well! She is an obvious pro at parenting (after raising 7 great kids!) and is a walking "What to Expect" book of tips and advice for when I call and need them...which is quite often. :) I am so thankful for all the love and support as well as excellent examples of mothering that Grammy and Nana provide!
Avery with his Grammy:


Avery with his Nana:


We can't forget Avery's fabulous Godmother (and my best friend!), Ashley!

Me and my little man...meeting for the first time. :)
In my first year of being a mom, I've learned that parenting is hard and frustrating and confusing and scary...but it's also exciting, so rewarding, and the most worthwhile and important job I could ever have. I love my Avery bear more than I ever could have imagined, and I hope to be as good of a mom to him as our moms have been to me and Phil.
Our family has also been very blessed with wonderful Moms! I don't know where I would be without my mom. It doesn't matter how old you get, you still need your mom, and I still need to call and talk things over with her everyday, sometimes more. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law, as well! She is an obvious pro at parenting (after raising 7 great kids!) and is a walking "What to Expect" book of tips and advice for when I call and need them...which is quite often. :) I am so thankful for all the love and support as well as excellent examples of mothering that Grammy and Nana provide!
Avery with his Grammy:
Avery with his Nana:
We can't forget Avery's fabulous Godmother (and my best friend!), Ashley!
Me and my little man...meeting for the first time. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment