Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Big News!

No, I am not pregnant. Gotcha. We are moving! Just because we didn't get to see enough of booming Columbus, MS the first 2 years we were there (lots of sarcasm here)....we're moving back! Phil will be an instructor in the T-6 at Columbus AFB. No, this was not at the top of our list of assignments that we wanted or even on the list, for that matter. However, God has a plan, and if you could have seen the other choices that dropped, you'd be super excited about Columbus, too!

the T-6 Texan II


There are many positives to moving back to MS, we remind ourselves.

#1. Phil will not deploy. :)
#2. People in Columbus are very friendly and supportive of the military.
#3. We will be closer to family (a one day car ride instead of two!)...not to mention our Montgomery family being only a few hours away!
#4. Our very good friends, the Behms, are moving back as well! I will also get to see good friends from nursing school that are still in the area.
#5. There are a lot of good weekend trips to take- Memphis, Birmingham, Destin, New Orleans, Little Rock...
#6. We will hopefully save lots of money since there is no Target. :(...or TJ Maxx or Starbucks or nice mall...wait, this is the positives list. focus. There is an Old Navy!
#7. Mugshots and Umi's!! (Two of my all time favorite restaurants!)


We really are excited to start the next chapter of our lives back in Mississippi. I think Phil will make a great instructor, and I know Avery and I will love having him home every night. Next stop, San Antonio, TX for Phil's instructor training...not a bad place to be this winter! Book your Florida reservations soon! I have a feeling our guest room in Columbus won't be quite as popular. ;)

6 comments:

  1. hey- they are putting in a TJ Maxx right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gees, now there's a surprise! At least it's not Elmendorf (joke). I trust Phil will get some Oak Leaves for this. Great about not deploying which I'm sure will be terrific for you and Avery. Love this blog, it's great for keeping up on you guys when I'm up in the middle of the night. Love the picture of "Phil & Phil" with the newspapers!!! And all the others too. You do a great job with this blog, I'm quite impressed. Such dedication. Not sure we'll ever get to Mississippi, although we did pass through Alabama this spring on the way to Panama City Beach. Who knew? TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Lindsey. Sure will miss you guys. So when do you head out to San Antonio? and how long will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoah! That is big news! Can I add #8 to the list?! #8: You will get to hang out with Nick and Sarah since you will be less than 4 hours apart...do I see a weekend trips to meet up in Memphis in our future?! When do you move? I'm already so excited to meet Mr.Avery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and yay Columbus!! That's so fun you'll get to reunite with the Behms! And in case you haven't heard, Umi's moved to a much nicer location and added hibachi....it's even more fabulous! It's definitely a good assignment for a family!

    ReplyDelete