This past weekend, Avery, Phil, and I got to spend time in fabulous Charleston, SC for my college roommate, Kelsey's, wedding. It was so nice to see dear friends from the "good old days" and to meet Miss Elizabeth Folk, the cutest new addition to the group. :) The wedding and the bride were beautiful, as was the weather all weekend. By the end of our trip, I think Phil and I were about ready to pack up our house and move (so what if he'd have to switch to the c17...). Love love love South Carolina...and miss it from my college days at Furman. Here are some pics from our mini vacation:

In front of the pineapple fountain at the waterfront park... just after our yummy lunch at S.N.O.B.


I loved visiting the market downtown. We went every day!

Me and Sarah and our babies!! So crazy!

McNeil and Tessa

John and Sarah

Little Elizabeth- such a cutie!

Avery showing off his drinking-from-a-glass skills

Avery couldn't pass up free strawberry milkshake samples on Market Street...I think he liked it. ;)

The wedding was held at the old Rice Mill, and everything was really nice!

What a beautiful bride!



First dance...

Kels and her dad



The next day, we visited the aquarium.


Avery wanted to climb in the tank to visit this "cow" fish and the albino alligator (barely visible in the next picture on the right).









Walking down King Street...we did a lot of walking on this trip!

Shrimp po boys at Hyman's...Avery had a taste of the sweet potato fries and wasn't too sure if he liked it or not.

Ordering his free kid's ice cream afterwards...Dad got most of it, but he didn't mind.





Typical Charleston home...love all the big porches.
We spent some time in the pool at the hotel on our last night in town. Avery finally fits in his turtle float and had a great time kicking and splashing around!


I'm so glad yall got to come to Charleston and you got to enjoy it!! So great to see yall! Miss you! Tell Phil I hope he had a happy birthday, and I also hope yall had a fantastic anniversary!! Love, Kels
ReplyDelete