Avery and I met my mom and dad (Grammy and Grandpa) in Gatlinburg, TN this past weekend for some fall fun. The weather was beautiful and so were the colorful leaves and mountain views. Avery loved the aquarium, our visit to Parrot Mountain (until the bird landed on his head), and even the hike. We had a great time (thanks, Mom and Dad!) and hope to go back again soon with Phil, who had to stay behind for an exercise on base.
The view from our condo...
The view from our condo...
Avery sitting in MY stroller...let's just call it vintage.
Ripley's Aquarium!
Me modeling a classy deer hat...don't worry, I didn't buy it.
On our way to Parrot Mountain!
This bird was over 100 years old and loved Avery...he leaned down really close to get a good look at him.

Feeding the birds...see the video at the end!
Posing with some local (not so wild) life...

All worn out from shopping downtown...
We went on a hike to Laurel Falls...only about 3 miles round trip (about all I could handle while carrying Avery!).
Beautiful Tennessee!
This was at Parrot Mountain when Avery and I went in to feed the birds. He did NOT like it. Mostly because he was trying to take a nap in my arms, and they woke him up, but also because one landed on his head as soon as we walked in. I couldn't leave until they finished all the nectar and left us alone. Oh well...it was an experience. : )

No comments:
Post a Comment