I read recently in my Pressing Pause devotional about an awesome idea called Sunday sundaes, and I decided that we should make this a fun tradition for our family, too. Super easy...ice cream plus toppings, and the kids loved it! Phil and I enjoyed it, too. :) What's not to love about ice cream?! We already have a tradition of family fun night on Fridays (Dad makes pizza and we do either games or a movie and popcorn), and this is just one more thing about the weekend to look forward to.
The kids helped to decide which toppings they would like and then put their "sundaes" together themselves, with a little supervision. I'm not sure it's officially a sundae since neither kid likes any kind of sauce on top, chocolate or otherwise, but we won't get legalistic here...
I think it was a hit! Here's hoping that no one gets into all the toppings before next weekend! ahem, Phil.

No comments:
Post a Comment