Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day


These two were extra excited about Valentines Day! Mimi and Grandpa had just left the day before, so it was nice to have this day to look forward to.  They woke up early and found their stuffed animals and candy from me and Phil right away. They were also excited about the cute cards and the new movies that Mimi had picked out before she left. I love these two, but I certainly missed my number one valentine. ;) How is it that he always manages to be gone on this day. So what if it's mostly a Hallmark holiday?! 


Having just gotten rid of the last of the King Cake, we decided we should make cupcakes to go along with the Valentine's candy. Just what we needed...more sugar. 


Claire insisted on helping as much as I would let her. Yay for valentine cupcake holders, funfetti cake mix, pink icing, and festive sprinkles! Thankfully, my kids do not expect me to be a Martha Stewart when it comes to baking. They'd much rather have the hot pink box mix, and, nutritional value aside, I'm not complaining.





Yum!  I did make the executive decision that the three of us did not need to keep/eat all 24 of the cupcakes that we made, so we packed them up for a few friends/neighbors. Avery then proceeded to tell them upon delivery that "we didn't like them so my mom said we could give them to you." Oh.my.word. He had no idea that he'd said anything remotely wrong. Sigh. Well, we had good intentions. Here's to celebrating next year hopefully with Phil...we need our missing person to help eat up some of this sugar!


1 comment: