The kids loved getting a king cake last year, so we were excited to find a bakery here that made them, as well. They aren't as popular in North Carolina...I guess since it's much further from New Orleans than Pensacola was. Thankfully, Great Harvest had a yummy one! They only made one size, so the three of us had some friends over to help share.
I made sure this time that the cake came with a baby Jesus. :) I also didn't put it inside until the next morning.
It was Claire's turn to find it...so voila! It ended up in her piece. wink wink
She was super excited to be the lucky one this year. Avery was disappointed, but he was surprisingly a good sport about it all.
Hopefully, Phil will be home to help us eat more of it next year. I don't think the kids really eat any at all, but they really get excited about finding the baby. Good thing we have friends to help take some of it off our hands!

Looks like Avery is in his 'say cheese' smile stage.
ReplyDelete