It's official, I've joined the 30 and over crowd. ;) So far, I haven't taken it too hard. I feel like I'm right where God wants me to be and am in a closer relationship with Him than ever before. I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and two beautiful kids (that often drive me crazy, but I still wouldn't trade them for the world). I have my health and am probably in better shape than I was for much of my "younger years." Aging is for people who don't know better, according to Tony Horton of Beachbody fame. :) ...and "old" is always 20 or so years older than I am. ;) So there.
My birthday got off to a rough start when the van wouldn't start as we were headed out to take Avery to school. Thankfully, the battery just needed a charge, and my wonderful neighbor Liz was home to watch Claire and let me use her car to drop off Avery. Yay! Goodness knows I was looking forward to the little break that preschool provides.
After school, the kids got busy helping me make my birthday cake. I was willing to go without one, but Avery insisted I needed one so HE could blow out the candles and make a wish. ha. Thankfully, I had a box of mix and some frosting in the pantry for emergencies.
Avery decorated the cake, too, in his usual fashion. AKA pile of sprinkles here, pile of sprinkles there. :) If you look closely, you may even see some Christmas tree sprinkles on there.
After dinner, it was finally time to light the candles.
Avery even let me blow out a few...
Let them eat cake!
Thank you to my family and everyone else that helped make my birthday special. I'm grateful for another year and hopefully many more to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment