My mom and dad spent the past week with us, and we were so glad to have them visit. We've been having an exhausting time around here lately, between Avery's potty training and big boy bed transition (both of which are going really well but are just more work than before), Claire's sleeping issues, and the everyday grind. We were extra excited to have a few more hands on deck to love on our kids. Avery and Claire both loved the extra attention and had their Mimi and Grandpa busy playing cars, jumping on the the trampoline, doing puzzles, and watching Disney movies. Phil and I snuck in a few date night trips to Hopjacks, Starbucks, Target, and Kohls...we live an exciting life, I know. ;) We also did some mother-daughter (and granddaughter) shopping, had a Downton Abbey marathon (thank you, hubby, for letting us have the tv all week!), and did a few projects around the house.
Here's miss thing in a cute new shirt from mimi. :)
Brother-sister bonding... two peas in a pod
Puzzles with mimi
We were so busy, that I didn't get a chance to take many pictures, but we did try to get a couple the last day.
Claire was willing to pose for a few...Avery, not so much. :/
He only wanted to do pictures on his terms, so we took what we could get.
Some of our projects for the week:
I included the links so you could try them out for yourself if you want to!
Dad and Phil made this beautiful toy box for Claire's room. I found the plans on pinterest and am really excited with how it turned out. Nice to have such handy men around. :)
http://ana-white.com/2010/03/plans-kids-open-top-toy-chest-easy-to-build.html
We also worked on this "verse of the week" chalkboard idea from pinterest as well. I'm excited to work on both my and the kids' verse memorization as they get older.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/113415031/custom-listing-layla-verse-of-the-week?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_source=Pinterest
Lastly, I finally finished my sign for Avery's room.
http://diddledumpling.blogspot.com/2010/05/tutorial-vintage-looking-painted-sign.html
What a fun and busy week! We miss Mimi and Grandpa already and can't wait to see them again for Easter!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment