Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"New" Swing Set

This past weekend, Phil, with the help of some friends from work, disassembled, transported, and reassembled a swing set that I had found on craigslist. We don't plan on taking it with us, and new ones are super expensive, so I was excited to find this heavy duty wooden playset for only $150. Of course, adding the cost of renting the trailer to haul it and the repair to a friend's bumper that was damaged in the process, and it turns out to be slightly more costly than I had originally planned. However, the kids and I are really happy to be able to just head out back to swing and slide, and I'm pretty sure I can resell it before we leave for what we paid for it.  I was worried about keeping track of both of them at the park once Claire starts to be mobile, and the convenience of having our own can't be beat! Plus, anything that encourages the kids to play outside instead of begging to watch movies and play on the ipad is a winner in my book! Here are some picture of our first days with the "playground," as Avery calls it.


(The big wooden arch on the top is where the canopy goes...we haven't gotten it up yet, but it will be great to have some protection from the hot Florida sun this summer.)











No comments:

Post a Comment