Happy Valentine's Day! Phil flew twice today (10:30 and 5:00 again...seriously??..but I digress), however, since the kids had us up super early, we still had some time to celebrate together. Phil made scrambled eggs and the kids opened their cards from us. They also each got a new book and a stuffed animal (these were actually mine growing up, Valentine's Day gifts from my mom and dad- yay for recycling!).
Mimi bought Cinderella for them (thanks, mom!), so here we are watching it together for the first time (at 6am). Avery also loved the new Tangled Ever After short that's included with the DVD so we had to watch that a few times, too. Meanwhile, sissy is trying really hard to taste her gifts...
Phil and I each exchanged cards, and although we weren't supposed to be doing gifts, he surprised me with this box of super yummy chocolate strawberries. I did manage to save a few for him when he got home. :)
Although I realize that Valentine's Day is mostly an excuse for the card and candy companies to make a lot of money, it's also a good reminder to hug our loved ones even closer and tell them what they mean to us. My heart is full today. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment