My baby boy is growing up. Tear. Phil and I smile at each other more and more these days as we see some of the fruit of our instruction paying off in the occasional sweet word or action. Avery's been caught saying "thank you," "please," "I'm sorry,"and "are you ok?" to Phil and I, his baby sissy, and even Bailey dog without being prompted. Yes! He's getting it! - I think...that is until he throws a toy, melts into a temper tantrum, and decides to do the complete opposite of what we ask him to do. Sigh..baby steps. :) It's these small victories and glimpses into the little boy he's becoming, however, that keep us plowing through the tough toddler times (which we still have plenty of, too!). I try to keep Phil. 4:6 in my head as I do as a mother does and worry. Worry about him pushing other kids at school, worry about him talking back, worry about him refusing naps and baths and bedtime...like somehow all of these will lead to juvenile delinquency and a life of crime. I often forget he's still 2. This doesn't mean I can't have high expectations for him and his behavior, but I need to react to his less than exemplary behavior with patience, grace, and love just as our Father does with my own shortcomings. This is tough!! Especially the patience part...at 6pm...when I'm tired and grouchy and feeling more than a little selfish myself. But something is clicking..he's getting it...and I am encouraged.
Happy New Year!! 2026!
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment