Phil made it home safe and sound from deployment Wednesday afternoon! Avery and I picked him up at TPA instead of the base, which was nice and easy. We were so excited to see him in his flight suit walking towards us. He looked more handsome than ever, despite going several days and 3 planes in the same uniform without a shower. Avery was a little hesitant to have him hold him at first, but quickly warmed up to "Daddy" and talked his ear off the whole way home.
Our first hours together included lots of Bailey kisses (and cries- she was so excited to see him!), quality time playing trucks and reading books with Avery, take-out, and a good of bottle wine. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Our family is complete once again!Earlier this morning we took him back to the airport for his flight to Houston. Sigh...This weekend, he's throwing his brother Luke's bachelor party in Galveston. Although we hate to see him go so soon, we know it's just for the weekend. I also know how much it means to him to spend this time with his brothers and am really glad that he is able to be there.
Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of our happy reunion. We were busy with hugs, kisses, and an energetic 16 month old!

No comments:
Post a Comment