On Saturday, I ran in my first ever mud run. A group of spouses from Phil's squadron signed up as a team, and we had a blast. It was super dirty and gross, but everyone worked together, and we all survived and had a lot of fun. This was the only run I've ever done, and I really liked how it wasn't super competitive. It was all about encouraging each other and just getting through it. It was 3 miles and had 12 obstacles. I had been running for several weeks beforehand, so I felt pretty strong and prepared. I had no idea what to expect for the obstacles, but overall those went well, too. After the race, everyone rinsed off the mud in a firetruck hose's spray, and then at home, after the best shower over, I threw away my yucky shoes. I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year!
Happy New Year!! 2026!
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment