Last weekend, I took my first "mom's getaway" trip since the kids were born and visited my sister Shelley in Greenville, SC. My wonderful hubby took a few days off work so I could leave Wednesday morning and stay until the next Monday. I love my kiddos, but I was ready (and counting down) for this break! It was really weird (and quiet) just having to worry about myself. Shelley had work and studying to do, but we still managed to have some fun together, and I was able to take it easy and enjoy the down time while she was gone.
Here we are at Barley's! One of my favorites! Shelley's roommate, Ashley (also in med school), joined us, too, and I think they both enjoyed the study break.
I was able to spend an afternoon at my college roommie, Sarah's, house, and visit with her and her adorable girls- Katherine and Elizabeth. It was great to catch up! I just wish we were closer and able to do it more often.
The next stop was Furman, where I ate at the newly remodeled Paladen and walked around campus. It was so weird being back by myself. It made me a little sad to remember how hard I had worked there, seeing as though I'm not doing much with my education right now. I will go back to work, soon enough, though. Being away from the kids made me realize even more that I am supposed to be home with them right now. There is a season for everything. Being a mom is the most important.
I had a great time with my sister- eating out, shopping, visiting friends and family. The weather was perfect, and helped me get into the fall spirit (which is hard to do in FL). I missed my little family though, and I was able to appreciate them even more by getting way. Phil did great with the kids, but I'm pretty sure after 5 nights solo parenting, he was able to appreciate me more, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment