Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Little Rant and Rave

Today has not been that great. Not that it has necessarily been bad but just really really frustrating.

1. I have been waiting a week now to find out if Avery will be having his procedure to remove g-tube and wire on Friday. It is Tuesday. I'm sure glad that I don't have a work schedule that I have to work around because no one seems to mind waiting until the last minute to tell me I need to be somewhere all day. Not to mention just the fact that no one from the doctor's office will return my phone calls. They could at least call and tell me they're checking and they'll let me know or something....but nothing. Not like we're looking forward to this procedure or anything!!!...We called and left two more (unanswered) messages today.

2. This goes along with #1...we spent over 6 hours in the ER (two separate trips) over Thanksgiving weekend trying to get a g-tube for Avery that actually fits him (even though the surgeons had an opportunity to replace it the previous Tuesday at his dilation and chose not to when I even asked them to!!!). They were able to give us one size up in the ER, which is much better and leaks much less, but still is not the right size. The surgical resident was supposed to be getting us the right size tube from All Childrens' Hospital, and we were to go into the office the following week to have it placed. Well, I wasn't about to drag Avery down there and wait around even more until they for sure had the tube. The nurse was supposed to check and let me know....still nothing. At this point, we don't mind waiting because everything is supposed to come out soon...which leads me back to and makes me more upset about issue #1. Ahhhhh!!

3. I can't keep my house clean, and it's driving me crazy. By the time the laundry gets done (and not even put away), it's time to do more laundry. Avery's leaky tube is not helping and makes me even more mad about issue #1. The dogs' hair is everywhere, and even if I vacuumed several times a day (which I don't have time to do) I'd still see it. To make matters worse, they go outside and roll in dead grass and then try to drag that back in the house, too. Needless to say, they and I aren't really on speaking terms right now. I always did a pretty good job of vacuuming and the hair didn't bother me so much until Avery came along and is sitting in it, rolling on it, and putting it in his mouth. Anyone want two dogs for Christmas!?! Just joking...kind of.

4. I can't seem to lose the last 10 lbs of baby weight no matter what. I want to throw my scale and my "skinny" jeans out the window. I've tried the shakes (yuck), meal replacement bars (still hungry), just more exercise in general (yay jogging stroller), a colon cleanse (that was fun...), but no luck. My self esteem is at an all time low...at least when you're pregnant you have an excuse. :/ The fact that I'm usually covered in drool and sweet potatoes and haven't had time to put on make up doesn't help much either.

5. I haven't gotten to read any more of my Ferber Method book to get to the section on naps because Avery decided that he didn't need one alllll day. He would rather just be up and grumpy...fabulous. side note: He did just fall asleep finally out of sheer exhaustion.

I should be vacuuming, putting away my laundry, reading more Ferber, or on the eliptical machine, but instead I'm on the computer because by this time of the day it's about all I have energy for. I need to conserve my strength to fix dinner. : )

Ok, so enough ranting and raving for today. Just need to vent, I suppose, and my mom's in a movie, so you lucky readers get to hear all about it instead. More positive thoughts next time, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment