Claire went to her first dance this past weekend, and Daddy was her date! She has been so excited about the YMCA's Daddy Daughter Dance and counted down for days! I think she was just as excited about getting dressed up as she was for the dancing.
Mommy curled her hair, painted her nails, and even let her wear a little lipstick and eye sparkle.
She was pretty happy to pose for a few pictures after all the primping.
"Mom, take a funny picture!" oh dear.
Daddy made for a very handsome date and even surprised Claire with a pretty corsage to match her dress. He's a keeper!
Avery wanted his picture with Dad, too, before they left...
It's fun to play at the YMCA!
They had balloons!
She had several good friends that were there with their daddies, too. Here she is with Violet!
I'm pretty sure she had just as much fun dancing with her friends as she did with Daddy!
Also, twirling is great! Who needs a dance partner?!
The dance was from 7-9 (way past bedtime), but Claire insisted on staying for the whole thing! What a trooper!
While the girls (and daddies) danced the night away, Avery and I went to see the Lego Batman movie with friends! It was pretty funny, and he's still repeating/laughing over some of the lines. :) We all had a great night!

Lindsey, your love and dedication these kids, Philip and this blog are inspirational. We all are blessed to have you in this family. Thump
ReplyDeleteThis is the sweetest compliment ever. Thank you so much. I love being a part of this family. I wish we could all see each other more!
Delete