Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today we had a great time celebrating both Valentine's Day and Bailey dog's 10th birthday. The kids were like "but she's already 10!" Apparently, I've been rounding up for a while. ;) 

 The kids woke up and found their valentines downstairs on the table. They need another stuffed animal like a hole in the head, but it's their favorite thing each year! Don't tell them that these were Christmas bears on clearance at JoAnn's a few weeks ago. :)




 I think they were a hit!


Claire had "helped" me to make a bunch of Valentine treats the day before, and I boxed some of the best up in a special tin for Phil along with a card. We did oreo truffles, strawberry white chocolate cookies, and chocolate covered pretzels. Claire asked "Mommy, where's your valentine?" in the morning. Phil had gone in to work early for a sim, but he brought home some beautiful roses and ended up getting to take most of the day off. The best gift! We shared some of our treats with the neighbors, and the kids loved delivering the goodies and notes. I was also really proud of both of them for writing their name and their classmates' names on every valentine this year. Even Claire wrote hers all by herself! I know that Valentine's Day is pretty much a made up holiday, but I think it's a wonderful excuse to show those you love that you care about them...which we should do more of anyway!

 

Puzzle time!

Bailey got two "Busy Bones" as her birthday gift, and I haven't seen her get so excited in forever. She was jumping around and wagging her tail and then happily devoured each of them in no time at all. So much for keeping her "busy!" She really is (and has always been) a wonderful dog, and our family is blessed to have her.

Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment