Claire had a great time meeting up with her class at the Wayne Co Agricultural Fair! This is the second year she's gone, but the acts change each year, and she was excited to see both the rescue dog show and the magician. It was pretty chilly that morning and took a long time to catch a ride on the "hay ride" over to where the exhibits took place. We made it just in time for her to snag a seat to see the rescue dogs do their tricks.
After the dog show, we headed over to take a look at the livestock. She had told me earlier that morning that she wanted to be both Elsa and a farmer when she grew up, however she quickly dropped the idea of farming when she smelled the animals. ;) The girls took turns complaining and holding their noses. Claire even insisted that she wear perfume that morning to "help with the piggie smell." I guess it didn't help all that much.
She loves her teacher, Mrs. Brown, and tried very hard to hold her hand as much as she could. I wasn't feeling too jealous since it let me actually snap a few pictures of her.
Claire holding Evelyn's hand (their dads work together, too!)...
They saw some really cute goats, donkeys, snuggling pigs, and even a baby cow drinking milk from its mom (which lead to a lot of questions...). There was also a pretty angry bull that butted it's head into it's cage wall as a warning for the kiddos to stay away. Everyone also enjoyed the magic show (It was the same guy from the Easter show we saw this year but with his dad this time) and shared some popcorn and cotton candy (Thanks, Mrs. Brown!).
Claire liked playing this game where she pumped water and made a rubber duck go around the pipe and back.
After the duck game, I had quite a scare because in the second it took me to pull up the camera on my phone to get a picture of her with some of her friends, she disappeared. My heart leapt up into my throat, and I hollered out to see if her teacher had seen where she went. We then both looked panicky and were running around calling her name. I finally found her behind these picture cut outs. After I caught my breath and muttered more than one "Thank you, God," I gave her a very stern talking to...and then took her picture.
After the running off scare, I decided it was time to head home! This was a fun morning overall though and a great way to help kick off the Fall season.

No comments:
Post a Comment