Friday, January 30, 2015

New Additions

What do you do when Dad goes out of town for work?? Get new pets! Just joking, kind of... Avery's been asking for a fish for a while. I think it's because Elmo has a goldfish, and Pete the cat got a goldfish in one of our new Christmas books. Who knows. With all of us kind of down about Phil being away and needing something fun, I finally caved. Because what's not fun about new mouths to feed and more poop to clean up?? 



This is Claire's fish, a neon red tuxedo guppy that she named "Elsa Anna." Original, I know. No matter that Elsa Anna is a boy fish. Poor guy.


This next little guy is Avery's fish,  a neon tetra that he named "Dorothy Dorth." Dorothy because that's Elmo's fish's name, and Dorth because it needed a last name, of course. Avery knows that Dorothy is a boy and saw nothing wrong with him having a feminine name, as well.

  
I foolishly thought that maybe once Avery got his fish he'd be happy and satisfied and not ask for anything else for at least a week or so. Fat chance, I know. He's already whining about wanting the fish in his room and about why he can't just pet him "a little bit." Sigh. We'll see if these babies last until Phil gets home...


Don't worry, I don't intend to run out and get a new creature every time Phil goes somewhere or someone's having a bad day. ;) If that were the case, we'd have a zoo in no time, and goodness knows, it's enough of a zoo around here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment