This big girl is 1!!
Phil had to go out of town for work this weekend, so we got an early start celebrating on Friday before he had to leave. First up was opening presents. Not sure Claire was quite ready to get out of bed (notice poor puffy eyes), but she liked pulling out the tissue paper. Avery helped with the rest. ;)
Both kids love her "new" little people house- a mommy swap score!
Egg casserole, fruit, and cupcakes for breakfast- yum!
Once again, she wasn't too excited about the cake. Avery blew out the candle for her, and she ate a few bites off phil's fork after we got her out of the high chair.
Wearing her "I'm the Birthday Girl" t-shirt:
We are now officially done with nursing as well. Insert big sigh of relief! I had weaned her down to once a day by the middle of the week (just before bed because she'd stopped waking up early to nurse in the mornings on her own), and she didn't mind giving it up all together by her birthday. I don't know if I should be offended that she'd much rather give up the nursing than her binkie. :/ Still working on it.. On a negative note, like Avery, she does not like cows milk from a cup, or maybe at all. We're still
working on that one, too.
We go in for her one year appointment next Tuesday, so I don't have any official stats, but she's clearly growing. On her big day, she beat her previous record of 8 steps in a row and made it a whole 19 steps across the living room. She's determined to keep up with brother, and he's super excited about playing "catch" with her.
Looks like she's saying "I'm one!"
She babbles all the time, carrying on little conversations that we can't translate yet. We do recognize hi, uh oh, bye, dada...still no mama. :( Guess she's used to me pretty much being there non stop so no need to call for me?! She loves to open drawers and empty them and/or put random things inside. I found a shoe of mine in with the pots and pans the other day. She points and waves a lot. She loves being able to officially eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches now, like big brother.
Had to snap a few big brother pictures, as well. :)
Cutie patootie, if I do say so myself. :) Can't get over how much they grow in the first year!
Big brother at 12 months:

No comments:
Post a Comment