My good friend, Carey, was sweet enough to throw me a baby shower for Claire earlier this week. I was pretty sure that with this being baby #2 and having just moved, she wouldn't be having one, so I was very surprised and appreciative when Carey offered. Everything was perfect, from the pink and grey decorations to the yummy snacks, which included pink lemonade, "make your own" fruit pizza/ cookies, brownies, and mini cupcakes. Our friend Dora came up with some cute games, name/finish the nursery rhyme and guess the baby food, both of which I did terrible at...blame the baby brain. Then these lovely ladies truly overwhelmed me with their gifts for Claire- so many cute little outfits, towels/washcloths, diapers... I am so appreciative and thankful for my new friends who came together to celebrate the (hopefully soon) birth of our little girl. All of the ladies are military wives (Air Force, Navy, and Marines!), met through Phil's new squadron and my weekly bible study, and it truly goes to show how the military community is special and like no other. We've been in Pensacola less than 3 months and are already surrounded and supported by a great group of friends that I look forward to getting to know even more over the next few years. Thank you! Thank you!
Happy New Year!! 2026!
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment