Sunday, July 22, 2012

Naval Aviation Museum

A few weeks ago, Phil's younger brother Tim drove back from Indiana with Avery and I and spent the week with us in FL. We had a great time with him here, and we hope he enjoyed himself, too! I took Tim to check out the Naval Aviation Museum at Pensacola Naval Air Station one day while Phil was working. There were plenty of really neat planes to see. They were literally all over the museum...on the ground, on the walls, hanging from the ceiling. Although Avery was at Mother's Day Out, I think even he would have approved of this museum. Tim and I also took in the Blue Angels IMAX show while there. It's pretty amazing what they are able to do, but I kept thinking the whole time about how I would never let Phil do that for a living. Sorry, hubby. ;)

Tim!


Airplanes everywhere!



We see helicopters similar to this flying over our house all of the time. Whiting is a training base for both "fixed wings" and "helos."


I had to take a picture of the Navy's version of "Tow Mater" for Avery. Apparently this old truck was used to transport missiles to the airplanes.



Tim flirting with the WWII era ticket taker. Step back, soldier!


Whiting Field's namesake


Blue Angels!


One of the older Navy primary trainer airplanes, the T28 Trojan. Phil now flies the T6B Texan.


Me taking in a movie with the handsome soldier in all my 8 1/2 months pregnant glory...sigh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment