Friday, March 18, 2011

On the Move!


Avery has finally started to crawl! I say "finally" because he looked like he was going to take off any minute for several weeks, but I really am so proud of him. He hated being on his belly and having the g-tube made things worse, so there were many times where I wondered if he would crawl at all. He is still pretty clumsy/uncoordinated, but he's moving forward on all fours, and that's what counts! :) He's already getting into trouble...grabbing the tissue box and pulling out the tissues, pulling books off the shelf, and chasing around the dogs. He is also doing much better at pulling himself up now that he can get closer to the coffee table, ottoman, etc.






However, all this new found mobility is affecting more than just the "tidiness" of the house; it's also putting a damper on naptime. For instance, I go in and lay Avery on his belly, and he sits right back up. I lay him on his back and leave the room only to have to come back in minutes later to him crying while standing up and looking over the side of the crib. Guess I'll be lowering the mattress myself before Phil gets home...and getting used to less "me time" during the day for now.

"Mom, get me out of here!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment