Today has been such a good day already for Avery! He got a good night's sleep last night and has been smiling and happy for most of the morning. It is such a relief to see him smiling again. : ) His nurse also found him a bouncy seat that he can use right on top of his bed. Don't worry, he still has rails all around! Dr. Paidas (his surgeon) popped his head in this morning to say hello and was really excited to see him having "play time."
The plan is to do another dye test on Monday to be sure that there are no leaks from the esophagus (telling us the holes have healed). If it goes well, Avery will get the chest tubes out that day. I've heard rumor that the g-tube will then be put in on Tuesday, and we can finally start the process of dilation. (I hate to get my hopes up too far, however, because Dr. Paidas has a tendency to change his mind...better to always err on the side of caution, in his opinion, which I appreciate.) Still no real idea of when we may be heading home. It's on my list of questions to ask next. I'm just thankful that Avery is feeling good and still moving in the right direction.




No comments:
Post a Comment