
I am 18 weeks pregnant today! After much coercion, I was able to convince my ob to let me do my sonogram 2 weeks earlier than the 20 week mark that they routinely wait for. We wanted to be able to come home for Christmas with good news. =) I had a cup of coffee (regular...) and orange juice with breakfast, hoping this would entice the baby to move around at the appointment and not sit modestly with its legs crossed. After waiting in the waiting room forever (or what seemed like it), the ultrasound tech called us back. We were nervous that they might not be able to tell this early, and we would be pretty disappointed because I had our whole day planned around finding out the baby's gender. =) She was able to tell right away what it was- a little boy! We even got to see him "wave" and suck his thumb! I didn't really have a feeling one way or the other, but Phil had been thinking it was a girl, so he was pleasantly surprised. We are both very excited! They also said that the baby is developing normally, and everything looks great so far.
We celebrated by picking out several outfits at Once Upon a Child (my favorite!), lunch at Cheddars, and then headed to Babies R Us and Target to register. Phil took control of the scanner and after several exhausting hours we had compiled quite a list. Who knew such a little baby would require so much stuff!?

No comments:
Post a Comment