
I woke up this morning to a 4am text message: "Turning the engines on. I love you." Today, at 2:15 pm to be exact, Phil and the rest of the crew finally landed back at Macdill AFB. It was 80 degrees and really windy, but it was perfect anyway. It was so good to see him. =) I decided not to cook a big meal, remembering that last time he came home from deployment he could hardly keep his eyes open long enough for my roast to come out of the slow cooker. This time, we went to a great little pizza place in South Tampa (The Gourmet Pizza Company), which came highly recommended. It was delicious! When we got home, the dogs barely let Phil walk in the door before pouncing all over him. They were so funny. Jumping all over him, licking him in the face...Sam prancing around and Bailey doing her "I missed you so much" crying. He missed his girls, too. They've been following him around nonstop since getting home. Of course, by 6:45 Phil was ready to crash, and I was wide awake and ready to talk...more. Last time, I took a sleeping pill to fall asleep when he did, but being pregnant, i'm not able to take anything this time. Therefore, he's fast asleep, and I am watching a Christmas movie and writing this post. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers during his deployment. We are so blessed to be home again together, safe and sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment