Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

We had a pretty low key Easter here at home. We started the day by having the kids hunt for their Easter baskets, just like my parents always had my sister and I do.




Found them! 











 We made Resurrection cookies for the first time this year. Each step of the process tells part of the Easter story, and it's a great visual for young and old alike. Our Sunday school class gave us the information last year, and we're looking forward to making this a tradition. They're made the night before...then the tomb (the oven) is sealed. The next morning you find yummy cookies that are hollow inside, like the tomb.  Jesus is risen! Ours stuck a little to the paper, and the kids didn't even want to taste them, but we have plenty of years to perfect our technique! 



Olive was so packed I had to take a picture. The seats in the front next to the choir were even filled. We were lucky to snag a seat by some Sunday school friends. It was a great message and wonderful music.




I then told the kids that they had to let us take some Easter pictures before we could do our egg hunt. I'm not ashamed to use bribery for a few good smiles!





 Avery took this picture of Mom and Dad. It's not the most flattering angle, but I think he did a great job! He's getting so big!


Claire wasn't excited to smile for Ms. Angie, our fantastic neighbor, but I'm thankful she was able to snap a pic of us all together.


The phone is precariously balanced on the column for this timer pic....







We had our own Easter egg hunt in the backyard after church. The kids had to hurry and find the eggs before the chocolate melted! 

Thankfully, Bailey didn't realize that there was anything special inside the colorful eggs, or I'm sure she would have provided some extra competition!


They did a great job finding every egg without much help.









Emptying out the eggs...they didn't want much help from us. I guess they were worried we might sneak a piece or two!


I love Easter more and more each year because I've come to a greater understanding of what joy and hope this Resurrection day brings! "Death is dead. Love has won. Jesus Christ has overcome!"  He is risen indeed!

2 comments:

  1. L - This blog is awesome, awesome, awesome. I know there will always be something new to find that's fun and wonderfully detailed and plenty of the latest pix. Avery & Claire will come to love and treasure this many years from now. So if you don't already download this for permanence, start now, who knows if Google, or Santa Clara CA, will still be around in 10-50 years!
    If I manage to get reincarnated I'll be applying for you as my surrogate Mom. Thank you again sooo much. Love ya, Thump

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY AVERY, How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete