Friday, December 6, 2013

Giving Thanks :)


 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at home with our families this year. We drove up mostly at night, stopping in Montgomery for dinner with the Huey gang. Avery and Claire wore themselves out playing with the kids and slept like champs the rest of the drive. Phil's parents (Nana and Papaw) kept the kids for the rest of the night and next morning, so that we could get some rest. All of Phil's siblings were in town, and the kids had no shortage of people to play with and to love on them. We missed my sister, Shelley, and her fiance, Dan, but we look forward to seeing them for Christmas. I wasn't very good about taking pictures, but here are a few we collected from the visit.


Playing with play-doh






Aunt Mary Jo and Brynn 

My mom had everyone to her house on Thanksgiving day, and Phil's mom had their whole family (including the Cincinnati crew) over on the Sunday after. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I slacked off in favor of grazing by the buffet and relaxing while others entertained my kiddos.   

Avery wasn't super cooperative for pictures. No smile for mom. Here he's getting sleepy from all excitement.


A not so happy Thanksgiving turkey....she was such a daddy's girl the whole week. He probably left to grab wood for the fire or something.


 Finally some love for mom....and Uncle Ralph. :)


Practicing piano with Aunt Lydia


We finally got to meet baby Ethan! He's such a cutie. Avery wanted to hold him right away...he's getting pretty good at this big brother thing. ;) We loved seeing his Mom and Dad, too, btw. 





Claire wasn't sure quite what to think.




Phil went hunting for the first time on the last day of deer season...sadly, he returned empty handed. I told him that the next day I want to go and sit in a tree by myself for several hours, except I'd bring a good book or a pillow instead of the gun. ;)

Where'd he go?? ;)

I didn't take pictures, but I was happy to be able to spend some time with my sweet friend Ashley and her boys, which I always look forward to when coming home. Ashley, my mom, and I also went to see the new Hunger Games movie, which was pretty great. Yay, for a girls' night!

The Stephens Boys :)

We have so much to be thankful for not only during the holidays, but all year long. God has truly blessed us, and being able to spend time with loved ones always helps to remind us of what's important. Faith. Family. Friendship. 
Looking forward to heading back for Christmas!! (well, except for the drive!)











No comments:

Post a Comment