Sunday, January 15, 2012

Avery's First 9 Holes

guest blog by Phil

So on one of the days off over the Christmas/New Year's I took Avery to the golf course. Of course I had to take him in the afternoon out of the peak hours where we could play unabated and not interfere with anybody else. I also came armed to the tooth with snacks for Avery, not knowing how he would react to this outing. Since I was wearing one, he then decided it was cool to wear his hat. He usually refuses to wear one, but I think it looks good on him. Like his daddy, he loves everything about golf, especially being able to run free all around the course! His favorite part was picking the ball up when it was on the green and putting it in the cup. I mean, he definitely saved me some strokes. He also liked playing in the sand bunkers and running towards the water. I told him to be careful because there are alligators on this course. He pointed and said "Ah", which equals alligator, and then ran to go see if he could find one. I only had to quick change 1 diaper in 9 holes while we were out there, but overall it was a great time of father/son bonding, and I cannot wait until we get to play together.


Dad, quit posing! We are gonna miss our tee time!



How do I put my hat back on?



This cart is pretty sweet!




On second thought, I want down.


I'd rather walk instead. Carts are for suckers!



Dad, I found your ball, nice on!

I think I can do better, let me see that ball.


There we go, that's where it belongs. Score!


Our birdie victory lap, or alligator hunting...



That sure was exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. HAH - those pictures are hilarious. The last picture is exactly how I feel when I finish 18 holes!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete