Friday,Phil and I decided to head to Winter Park (one of our favorite Florida places)with Avery for a day trip. They had a boat tour that we hadn't gotten to go on last time that goes through 3 of the 6 local lakes and several canals. On the tour you get a great view of some HUGE houses, Rollins College, and lots of local wildlife and plants. Avery was asleep when we got there, and we were very relieved until we learned that it was state law that all children under 6 wear a life jacket. Our 13lb baby boy then had to be woken from his nap and strapped into a life jacket made for a 30-45lb child. Needless to say, he was not happy with us, although it did make for some cute pictures. Thankfully, he did calm down, and the other passengers weren't bothered by his occasional fussiness. Mother of the Year that I am forgot to bring a hat for him (thinking canals...shade...I don't know), hence the burp cloth on his head. Oh well, we had a good time, and it was a beautiful day. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment