Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mini Babymoon


Last week, Phil and I spent several days exploring the Winter Park, Florida area as a mini "babymoon." We had initially hoped to make a trip to Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC but with Phil's upcoming deployment we found ourselves short on time. Winter park was great! It is only about 3 miles north of Orlando and is full of brick paved streets, boutique stores, coffee shops, and restaurants. It was beautiful weather (60s and sunny!), and we spent a whole day shopping and eating our way through town. We spent the night at an artsy hotel downtown called the Grand Bohemian, which was really nice. The next day, after breakfast at IHOP (a vacation must!) we headed out to the outlet malls in Orlando. We found some amazing deals on baby clothes at Childrens' Place and managed to find a few things for ourselves as well. I must say, this baby is developing quite a wardrobe. =) That afternoon, Phil and I played mini golf at a really cool place with real alligators, waterfalls, caves, etc. I lost by a whopping 3 strokes. Dinner was at T-Rex in Downtown Disney. This place is amazing. It's owned by the same people that created the Rainforest Cafe except it's all about dinosaurs. They move, make noise, and experience a "meteor shower" every 20 minutes. We, and a million little kids surrounding us, had a great time! We got back home before the dogs really even had a chance to miss us, but it was a great get away. I'm sure we'll be headed back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment