I'm the big 35! I was super excited to have my friend Carey come visit and help me celebrate. Phil and I are usually not ones to do anything too big or crazy for our birthdays, so it made her visit even more special. We had two full days for me to show her Louisville and do all the things. ;) I think she'll just have to come back soon to see more!
She came into town on the 15th, and we ate brunch at Wild Eggs after I picked her up from the airport. Then we shopped around Westport Village and Oxmoor mall and grabbed coffee before heading back home. We found some great deals, and it was fun to spend some time just the two of us and catch up a little before showing her the house and hanging out with the family.
Phil had taken the kids shopping for me for birthday presents. They are very into giving gifts now, too, instead of just being on the receiving end (especially Avery), which makes my mama heart proud. On my birthday morning, they surprised me with cards, chocolate, a simply fit board, purple water bottle, and a new Kate Spade purse. They did a good job!
Claire "chiseling her abs" with my simply fit board....;)
Carey and I went to Work the Metal in Butchertown and then met Phil for lunch at Mussel and Burger Bar downtown. The food was fantastic, as always. The seafood burger with roasted vegetables is my favorite!
We then grabbed some (jumbo!) cupcakes for after dinner at Adrienne's and got our nails done. Carey wanted to treat me for my birthday, and it was a great idea!
Phil cooked his delicious chicken parmesan for dinner, and Carey was recruited to help make a tomato sauce. Teamwork!
So thankful for another year of good health and time spent with family and friends. Here's to 35!

No comments:
Post a Comment