Along with getting ready for the move, this week's been extra busy with all of our May celebrations! Phil turned 29 (sooo close to 30!) on the 9th, and our good friend, Sarah, watched Avery so we could spend the afternoon just the two (well, 2 and a 1/2) of us. He picked Wright's Deli downtown for lunch (which you have to try if you're in Tampa) and then was able to accompany me to my 2nd "advanced" ultrasound. He missed the first one, so this one was extra special. Claire's about 1 lb 9 ounces and got a clean bill of health, from everything they can see. We got to see her little wrinkly face in 3..or 4 D, which was fun/scary. I'm sure she'll be a cutie, and Phil thinks her features look a lot like Avery's, but right now she's still a little alien-ish looking. Nothing 3 and 1/2 more months in mommy's belly can't work out. ;) Glad we didn't have to pay $300ish dollars for the pictures though. Here she is in all her wrinkly glory:
(Here she is with her hand up by her face.)
Today, we celebrated Avery's 2nd birthday (just a little early) with the Merrill family (including Avery's best buds, Faith and Madi) and my good friend Brittany by having a Nemo themed party at our neighborhood pool.
The weather was beautiful, and the kids had a great time playing in the water. We practically had the place to ourselves. (Definitely going to miss our pool -and our friends, of course- when we move!)
The birthday boy chowed down on one of his favorite foods- cheese pizza. We had it delivered right to the pool.
Two candles to blow out, plus my "number 2" candle, which everyone thought looked more like a Z...oh well. ;)
He said "the birthday song!" after we all got done singing to him and blew out every candle.
He was a pretty big fan of the cake, too!
Having a great time playing with his new toys!
I can't believe my little man is almost 2! He is growing up so fast...
This weekend, along with Mother's Day, is also Phil and I's 6 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already! I am so grateful for my hubby and our life together. Everything is not easy all of the time, but I can't think of anyone that I'd rather go through all the ups and downs with. I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive (not to mention incredibly good looking...but I digress) husband. Here's to 60 or so more years together living "happily ever after!"
Presenting:
My 6 dozen (!!!) roses for our 6 years. Wow. I've been warned, however, by my hubby, not to expect this every year. Seriously though, the picture does not do them justice...I have never seen a bouquet this big and beautiful. Ever. And the smell...ahh. LOVE him. and my flowers. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment