Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Avery's Baptism






While we were home in southern Indiana, Avery was baptized in the church I grew up in by Pastor Kischnick, the same pastor that confirmed me and married Phil and I. Both sides of the family were there as well as Avery's godparents, Matt and Ashley. It was so nice that everyone could be there together for such an important day in our baby's life. We did miss having Uncle Luke and Alison there, though! Avery was such a trooper. He didn't cry at all when the Pastor poured the water over him or when he held him for a blessing. However, after the baptism while being fed outside the sanctuary, Avery managed to poop through both his white onesie and his adorable white tux baptismal outfit. Of course, this was before most all of the pictures were taken. Ahh...only my son. The only thing I had in the diaper bag to change him into was a red gap onesie that sad "D is for dog." Oh well...at least it makes for a good story down the road.

(Matthew 19:14) 14 Jesus said, "“Allow the little children, and don’t forbid them to come to me; for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to ones like these.”"

(Matthew 18:3-4) “Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. 4 Whoever therefore humbles himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment